If I can make you stop and take a look at me instead of just walking by



I love this movie. I watched it again last night and was laughing like it was my birthday (there's always excessive laughing on my birthday) and singing loudly and badly (I recorded myself so I can verify that it was truly terrible) at the top of my lungs to all the songs.

When I was in practicum in seminary they did this thing where we would start each new class with a little morsel of humorous or interesting information about ourselves. Our leaders would come up with a question like, what's your favorite song, movie, type of icecream and we'd all shout out our answers...some a little too enthusiastically if you ask me, Butter Pecan is not a flavor to be so proud of.

I can't remember the guys name (even though he was too attractive for his own good) so I'll call him Fergus. So one day Fergus asked us all what our favorite movie was and everyone was shouting out their answers and I was relieved because I knew the answer to this one (I was a little shaky with my response to favorite underwear type...evidently seminarians look down on people who are excessively fond of going commando)... Anyway I was amped because A Goofy Movie has been my favorite movie since it came out in 1995 when I was 13.

So I told everyone, rather proudly, and it was greeted with looks of pity. You know the ones, where they thought I was trying to be cute. :(
I still remember that with pain but I tell you it's just as good as One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest or Life is Beautiful. Worst than that I hate that they thought I was trying to be cute... hello, that comes naturally. I never try. ;)

This is one of my favorite parts, excepting of course when Goofy is trying to film bigfoot after he accidentally hooks him on his fishing pole with his 'perfect cast' and he says "Could you back up a bit Mr. Foot you're out of focus."

So enjoy good people... I know I will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Together Now:

We're hungry!

Hurricane Preparedness