O.A.R.

I need a change from this burnout scene
Another time,
Another town,
Another everything.

ah, music!

I'm pretty sure this lady, that I pass when I'm walking every morning, (and have passed every morning for months) thought I was some kind of gangster today. She circled the block twice in her car-staring intently at me when she passed. Then again maybe I had a long piece of toilet paper stuck to my foot following in the breeze behind me (in which case the polite thing for her to do would be to stop and tell me, not to stare). However I'm pretty sure it's the former not the latter because this is the same lady that wouldn't get out of her car two months ago because I scared her. She pulled up and rolled down the window to see who I was that time.... If I had been a bad guy it would've been a prime opportunity to shoot her in the face...not too smart if you ask me. I should've waved my dog-killing stick at her... to let her know I'm not a bad dude. I actually checked my pony-tail this morning after she went by the second time to make sure it wasn't stuck in my collar (thinking of course that if she knew I was a girl she'd be less scared, but she probably thought I was just a long-haired guy... who is unusually chesty).


What is it with people of a certain age that are only paying semi-attention and then are so hostile to me like it's my fault?

I was chewed out by this other lady a few weeks ago (who comes out to let her dogs out) for not wearing a brighter shirt because she had trouble seeing me. The next day she said that my shirt was a little better but still I needed to wear brighter clothes. I felt terrible and spent extra energy after that looking for lighter shirts..... Like I'm responsible to the public to be unusually visible.

Now I'm in the market for a white shirt with a peace sign that lights up on it, that way older women will know I mean no harm (and can see me coming).

Comments

  1. I don't think it is a certain age. I think that they have always been that way. Just showed it differently. If people didn't know my dad before they would maybe think age made him a curmudgeon(SP)but no, he was born a fart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! That's funny. I actually just saw the second lady (that can't see me) and I felt bad because she was really nice... and I was really worried because I was right behind her and I was afraid she'd turn around and I'd give her a heart attack. She just turned around and smiled really big and said g'morning. I take it back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All Together Now:

We're hungry!

Hurricane Preparedness